> Mushypea, Sprout et al: Day 18/ 31 - The meaning of your blog name

Friday 18 May 2012

Day 18/ 31 - The meaning of your blog name


Have you been wondering why Mushypea, Sprout et al?  Did you think I was some mad woman with a strange blog name?  This is where I explain.


Mushypea is yours truly which I am sure you will have gathered already.  Mushypea comes from when I first met my OH, aka Sprout.  You know those moments in movies where two people meet and you just know - I had one of those when I met Sprout.  I have always been extremely wary and cynical when it comes to the opposite sex so when people used to tell me that you just know when you meet the one, in my head I never quite believed it.  Anyway, my sister below me (I have three sisters) lives in the States and we keep in touch a lot by e-mail.  I was full of excitement about these new found feelings and she said I was being mushy - a mushypea no less!  I would like to point out that mushy I may be but in real life I am not green in colour nor round in shape ; )


I refer to my OH as Sprout as he hates them - it's that simple.


Et al is the Latin "and others".  Currently this is Munch on his own but hopefully, fingers crossed and all that, we will add another at some point in the future.


Mushypea, Sprout et al makes the world of sense of to me; hope it now makes more sense to you too.

6 comments:

  1. Although I hate mushy peas, I do love your blog and blog name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved your blog name and even more so now i know the meaning behind it! Glad to hear you're not green in real life though lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the reason behind your blog name. It also reminds me of a friend I had at school. Her name was Moishe (said moy-sha) and her nickname was mushy peas! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great name and love the reasons too :) xx

    ReplyDelete