> Mushypea, Sprout et al: Day 24/ 31 - Your favourite childhood book

Thursday 24 May 2012

Day 24/ 31 - Your favourite childhood book



Out of the many books I don't remember reading as a young child, this is the only book I can say is my favourite childhood book.  My favourite because it is the one book I searched high and low for when I was pregnant and building Munch's library.  Yes, I spent much of the latter stages of pregnancy picking up mine and Sprout's childhood favourites so that we could share them with our little boy. 


When I look at his library today, I come to realise just how much I loved Roald Dahl books!  I never knew.


6 comments:

  1. aww the owl who was afriad of the dark was my favourite childhood read. im sure i have a collection of jill tomlinson books somewhere up the loft, you have just reminded me with this post, must dig them out to read to my little man x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, funny how we want to share our favourite books with the little people in our lives.

      Delete
  2. I don't know the owl book, but you have already built up a great collection for for your Munch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I had to stop myself as it was getting slightly out of hand ;)

      Delete
  3. Not heard of this book, I agree with JanMary that you have done well to build up such a good collection for your son, I only bought my son a few books before he was born, but am now beginning to buy him ones I read at the same age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really think about what age he may read them at - I got the books I loved in the hope he will share that love.

      Delete